The emerald waters of the Verdon have cut through Provence, north of the French Riviera, to create Europe’s greatest canyon. From its riverhead at the Col d’Allos (2247m) to where it joins the Durance River, the Verdon river flows some 175 km.
A dam controls the flow and levels vary so that time rather than distance is specified for your trip. White water activities are possible certain days of the week from spring to autumn.
This spectacular canyon is located in the “Provence-Alpes-Côtes-d’Azur”, between the Var and the Alpes de Haute Provence, and less than 2 hours drive from the French Riviera and the cities of Marseille, Nice, Cannes and Saint-Tropez.
Click for more information, movies or pictures :
- Rafting - "Gorges du Verdon"
- Canoe-Raft - "Gorges du Verdon"
- Kayak-Raft - "Gorges du Verdon"
- Family-Raft - "Gorge du Verdon"
- Rafting - Canyon du Verdon
- Canoe Raft - Gorges du Verdon
- Rafting - Gorges du Verdon